Who uses ActMask Virtual Printer Driver SDK? We provide low cost, easy to use, high performance and high reliability products what are used by a number of companies such as Lexmark, ARTI(XEROR), Overnite Express Limited, Worthware Systems, Techleader Co., Ltd, Extract Systems, LLC, Neotechsoft Co. Ltd etc.
And advanced command line features below can be provided by ActMask PDF Virtual Printer Driver SDK, please contact us to get more information:
1. EMF to PDF format command line.
2. HTML to PDF format command line.
3. SPL format ( .SPL, Print Spooling File ) to PDF format command line.
Download Last Update: 07/04/2008
Related Virtual Printer Driver SDK:
ActMask Universe Virtual Printer SDK: Export PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, TGA, EMF, .SPL formats from virtual printer driver.
ActMask PDF Virtual Printer SDK: Export PDF format from virtual printer driver.
ActMask Image Virtual Printer SDK: Export TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, TGA formats from virtual printer driver.
ActMask EMF Virtual Printer SDK: Export EMF format from virtual printer driver.
ActMask SPL Virtual Printer SDK: Export EMF, .SPL formats from virtual printer driver.
How it works?
Print any file to ActMask Virtual Printer (you can request us to custom the printer name) simply, then PDF and a ini file will be created automatically. Your application receives fullname of file(s) exported, Job Title, page size and more information from the ini file.
1. User prints any printable document to the virtual printer from any application.
2. The virtual printer driver converts print job to output format you specified. All files are saved in temporary directory (CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA\Temp. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp, call Windows API SHGetSpecialFolderPath to get CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA folder) of current user. Of course, you can specify output directory too.
3. The virtual printer driver creates an INI file contains all printing information and full name of target file.
4. The virtual printer driver passes full name of the INI file to application you specified via one of ways (Transfer Mode) below:
1) Command line parameter: The virtual printer driver runs application you specified and passes full name of the INI file to it as command line parameter.
2) WM_COPYDATA message: The virtual printer driver sends WM_COPYDATA message contains full name of the INI file (ANSI characters) to application you specified. Please make sure your application is running.
3) Clipboard data: The virtual printer driver places full name of the INI file (ANSI characters) on clipboard in format you specified, then posts message to notice your application. Please make sure your application is running.
5. Your application parses the INI file received to get all information, move target file(s) to the folder you want, rename it (them) and delete the INI file if it's no longer used.
How to integrate SDK to your application
Install ActMask Universe Virtual Printer Driver
1. Embed SDK exe file into your application's installation package.
2. While installing your application, extract the SDK exe to temporary folder from installation package and execute command line below.
x:\temp folder\virtual-printer-driver-pdf.exe /VERYSILENT /DISABLEPOPS
Uninstall ActMask Universe Virtual Printer Driver
While uninstalling your application, simply execute unins000.exe in the folder CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\ActMask PDF Virtual Printer SDK with command line below. A typical folder is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ActMask PDF Virtual Printer SDK". You can call Windows API SHGetSpecialFolderPath and pass parameter CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA to get this folder.
To custom printer name, please see custom service page here
. We can custom DPI setting of printer, printer name, printer comment, installation message, more and more! After purchasing, you'll get full version of SDK, and there's no shortcut, no limitation, no message box about our company. If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org